By Sharon L. James,Sheila Dillon
Awarded a 2012 PROSE Honorable point out as a unmarried quantity Reference/Humanities & Social Sciences
A better half to ladies within the old World offers an interdisciplinary, methodologically-based choice of newly-commissioned essays from renowned students at the learn of girls within the historic world.
- The first interdisciplinary, methodologically-based number of readings to deal with the research of girls within the old world
- Explores a extensive variety of subject matters when it comes to ladies in antiquity, together with: Mother-Goddess conception; girls in Homer, Pre-Roman Italy, the close to East; girls and the relatives, the nation, and faith; gown and Adornment; girl Patronage; Hellenistic Queens; Imperial girls; girls in overdue Antiquity; Early ladies Saints; and lots of more
- Thematically prepared to stress the significance of ancient issues of continuity, improvement, and innovation
- Reconsiders a lot of the well known proof and preconceived notions on the subject of girls in antiquity
- Includes contributions from a few of the so much well known students linked to the learn of girls in antiquity