This is the publication of the broadcast e-book and should no longer contain any media, site entry codes, or print supplementations which may come packaged with the certain book.
In iOS and macOS™ functionality Tuning, Marcel Weiher drills all the way down to the code point that can assist you systematically optimize CPU, reminiscence, I/O, photos, and application responsiveness in any Objective-C, Cocoa, or CocoaTouch program.
This updated advisor focuses completely on functionality optimization for macOS and iOS. Drawing on 25 years of expertise optimizing Apple machine software program, Weiher identifies concrete functionality difficulties that may be chanced on empirically through dimension. Then, in keeping with a deep knowing of primary rules, he provides particular thoughts for fixing them.
Weiher provides insights you won’t locate anyplace else, so much of them utilising to either macOS and iOS improvement. all through, he unearths universal pitfalls and misconceptions approximately Apple equipment functionality, explains the realities, and is helping you mirror these realities in code that plays superbly.
- Understand optimization ideas, size, instruments, pitfalls, and methods
- Recognize while to rigorously optimize, and while it isn’t worthy your time
- Balance functionality and encapsulation to create effective item representations, communique, facts entry, and computation
- Avoid blunders that decelerate Objective-C courses and prevent later optimization
- Fix leaks and different issues of reminiscence and source management
- Address I/O matters linked to drives, networking, serialization, and SQLite
- Code images and UIs that don’t weigh down restricted iOS equipment resources
- Learn what all builders want to know approximately rapid performance