By Andrew Knapp
A clean exploration of apologetic fabric that pushes past shape criticism
Andrew Knapp applies sleek style conception to 8 royal apologies that served to shield the legitimacy of kings who got here to energy below abnormal situations. Knapp examines texts and inscriptions with regards to Telipinu, Hattushili III, David, Solomon, Hazael, Esarhaddon, Nabonidus, and Darius to spot transhistorical universal matters that unite each one discourse.
- Compares Hittite, Israelite, Aramean, Assyrian, and Babylonian apologies
- Examination of apologetic as a method rather than a genre
- Charts and illustrations
Andrew Knapp bought his PhD from the Johns Hopkins college. he's a undertaking editor in religious study at Eerdmans.
Read or Download Royal Apologetic in the Ancient Near East (Writings from the Ancient World Supplements Book 4) PDF
Similar ancient history books
This can be the 1st biography in English of Lucullus, one in every of Rome's maximum infantrymen, regularly thought of a degenerate. Paring again the legends and misconceptions surrounding his identify, the booklet examines Lucullus as a soldier, flesh presser and aesthete. heir of the beliefs of his pal Sulla, his occupation spans the final years of the Roman republic whilst it was once ruled less than the structure the dictator had devised.
Chosen by means of selection as a 2012 amazing educational name provided a 2012 PROSE Honorable point out as a unmarried quantity Reference/Humanities & Social Sciences A significant other to ladies within the historical international offers an interdisciplinary, methodologically-based choice of newly-commissioned essays from trendy students at the examine of ladies within the historic global.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2005 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, notice: 1,7, Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf, Veranstaltung: Die athenische Demokratie, 10 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Schon früh haben sich griechische Philosophen mit verschiedenen Verfassungstypen beschäftigt und mit dem challenge, wie diese von einander abhängen.
A clean exploration of apologetic fabric that pushes past shape criticismAndrew Knapp applies glossy style idea to 8 royal apologies that served to shield the legitimacy of kings who got here to energy below abnormal conditions. Knapp examines texts and inscriptions regarding Telipinu, Hattushili III, David, Solomon, Hazael, Esarhaddon, Nabonidus, and Darius to spot transhistorical universal concerns that unite every one discourse.
- Classical Humanism and the Challenge of Modernity: Debates on Classical Education in 19th-century Germany (Philologus. Supplemente / Philologus. Supplementary Volumes)
- The Hellenistic World from Alexander to the Roman Conquest: A Selection of Ancient Sources in Translation
- Barbarian Tides: The Migration Age and the Later Roman Empire (The Middle Ages Series)
- Rewriting Peter as an Intertextual Character in the Canonical Gospels (Copenhagen International Seminar)
Additional info for Royal Apologetic in the Ancient Near East (Writings from the Ancient World Supplements Book 4)
Royal Apologetic in the Ancient Near East (Writings from the Ancient World Supplements Book 4) by Andrew Knapp
- Marisara Stecher's Das Buch im transmedialen Franchise.: Transmedia PDF
- Read e-book online L'Oeil D'Inishaill: Irlande (French Edition) PDF