By Editors of Portable Press
• The freakiest franken-foods scientists have created
• undesirable motion picture technology: whilst Hollywood will get it wrong
• One dentist's quest to clone John Lennon
• unimaginable innovations, corresponding to the poultry capture and Cat Feeder…for those that relatively hate birds
• How scientists have solved a few of history's such a lot stupefying mysteries
• Schrodinger simplified: what is up with the cat within the box?
• Real-life time tourists (or in order that they claim)
• daily items made with radium...until humans all started dying
• how you can hypnotize a chicken
• The seven-year-long learn that stumbled on earthquakes should not because of catfish waving their tails...and different step forward findings
And a lot, a lot more!
Read or Download Strange Science PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Genetic engineering, nanotechnology, astrophysics, particle physics: we are living in an engineered global, one the place the differences among technology and engineering, know-how and examine, are speedy disappearing. This ebook exhibits how, on the sunrise of the twenty-first century, the targets of normal scientists--to realize what was once now not known--and that of engineers--to create what didn't exist--are present process an unheard of convergence.
Physicist John Tyndall and his contemporaries have been on the vanguard of constructing the cosmology of clinical naturalism in the course of the Victorian interval. They rejected all yet actual legislation as having any impression at the operations of human existence and the universe. members concentrate on the best way Tyndall and his correspondents built their principles via letters, periodicals and medical journals and problem formerly held assumptions approximately who received authority, and the way they attained and defended their place in the clinical neighborhood.
Within the eighteenth century, malaria was once a standard and lethal illness, and the one powerful remedy was once present in the Andean forests of Spanish the USA: a medicinal bark harvested from cinchona timber that may later supply upward push to the antimalarial drug quinine. In 1751, the Spanish Crown asserted regulate over the creation and distribution of this medicament via setting up a royal reserve of “fever timber” in Quito.
Bruno Latour is likely one of the most vital figures in modern philosophy and social technology. His ethnographic experiences have revolutionized our figuring out of components as diversified as technological know-how, legislation, politics and faith. To facilitate a extra practical figuring out of the area, Latour has brought a substantially clean philosophical terminology and a brand new method of social technology, ‘Actor-Network Theory’.
- Linnaea entomologica Zeitschrift - Zwoelfter Band (German Edition)
- Luther Burbank, his methods and discoveries and their practical application - Volume VIII
- Transhumanism: A Grimoire of Alchemical Agendas
- Tin Foil and Its Combinations for Filling Teeth
- Science and Culture in Traditional Japan
Additional info for Strange Science
Strange Science by Editors of Portable Press
- Read e-book online On the Articulations PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: The Legacy of the Mastodon: The Golden Age of Fossils in by Keith Stewart Thomson