By Scott Bembenek
"A terrific source for technological know-how enthusiasts or these suffering to appreciate the topic; a magnificent slot in an age of invoice Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson internet videos." -Kirkus studies
"The Cosmic Machine succeeds on all accounts." -Midwest ebook Review
Energy, Entropy, Atoms, and Quantum Mechanics shape the very starting place of our universe. yet how do they govern the area we are living in? What used to be the tough route to their discovery? Who have been the major gamers that struggled to form our present understanding?
With its distinctive mixture of technology, historical past, and biographies, The Cosmic Machine offers an simply obtainable account with out sacrificing the particular technological know-how itself. not just will this booklet have interaction, enlighten, and entertain you, it is going to motivate your ardour and interest for the realm round us.
Read Online or Download The Cosmic Machine: The Science That Runs Our Universe and the Story Behind It PDF
Best molecular physics books
This quantity of Advances in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics maintains the culture of the Advances sequence. It includes contributions from specialists within the box of atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics. The articles comprise a few evaluation fabric, yet are meant to supply a accomplished photo of modern very important advancements in AMO physics.
There's a transforming into want in either commercial and educational learn to procure exact quantitative effects from non-stop wave (CW) electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) experiments. This e-book describes numerous sample-related, instrument-related and software-related points of acquiring quantitative effects from EPR expe- ments.
In unmarried Molecule stories of Proteins, professional researchers talk about the profitable software of single-molecule concepts to quite a lot of organic occasions, akin to the imaging and mapping of mobile floor receptors, the research of the unfolding and folding pathways of unmarried proteins, the research interplay forces among biomolecules, the learn of enzyme catalysis or the visualization of molecular cars in motion.
Thermal approaches are ubiquitous and an knowing of thermal phenomena is key for a whole description of the physics of nanoparticles, either for the aim of modeling the dynamics of the debris and for the right kind interpretation of experimental information. This booklet has the twofold target to offer coherently the appropriate effects coming from the hot medical literature and to lead the readers during the means of deriving effects, permitting them to discover the bounds of the mathematical approximations and attempt the facility of the strategy.
- Physics of Space: Growth Points and Problems: Proceedings of the second “Rencontres de l’Observatoire”, Observatoire de Paris, Meudon, France
- Atoms and Molecules Interacting with Light: Atomic Physics for the Laser Era
- High Energy Density Laboratory Astrophysics
- Introduction to Polarization Physics (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- From Varying Couplings to Fundamental Physics: Proceedings of Symposium 1 of JENAM 2010 (Astrophysics and Space Science Proceedings)
- High Resolution NMR Spectroscopy: Understanding Molecules and their Electronic Structures (Science and Technology of Atomic, Molecular, Condensed Matter & Biological Systems)
Extra resources for The Cosmic Machine: The Science That Runs Our Universe and the Story Behind It
The Cosmic Machine: The Science That Runs Our Universe and the Story Behind It by Scott Bembenek
- Download e-book for iPad: The Country Guitar Style of Charlie Monroe: Based on the by Joseph Weidlich,Charlie Monroe
- Get Atomic Multielectron Processes (Springer Series on Atomic, PDF